Deatschwerks injector leak
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Deatschwerks injector leak within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok i have a 2005 WRX, i have been having a time of my life here trying to install deatschwerks ...

Deatschwerks injector leak

Ok i have a 2005 WRX, i have been having a time of my life here trying to install deatschwerks 650cc injectors for my new turbo set up. No matter how i install them they leak at the top where the fuel rail comes down, they leak right at that o ring. Not all of them, i tried switching them around and they dont hold up when i turn my ignition on. But when i put the factory ones on none of them leak when i turn the ignition on, but the deatschwerks do. Does anybody have any idea what can be wrong i have also noticed that the deatschwerks injectors are long in size, wondering if that is normal. Please HELP!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you specify what year WRX you had? DW doesn't make their own injectors. They modify factory Subaru injectors. You just might have got sent some 06+ dark blues that are slightly different. Have you tried swapping the orings from the old injectors to the new? Put some motor oil or petroleum jelly on the orings them before you install them. I have used both kinds of injectors with no problems. You might have to re-angle the fuel rails slightly as well.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I ordered them from a third party I am sure I told them what year car I had, the injectors are a dark color I think dark green. How do you reangle the furl rail because I mean I tried everything and luging the o ring with that special lube they came. And I can't use the stock rings because the are thicker in size and when I put them on the 650cc injectors since the are longer in size the fuel rail squezes those o rings bad and it leaks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yusych View Post
    I ordered them from a third party I am sure I told them what year car I had, the injectors are a dark color I think dark green. How do you reangle the furl rail because I mean I tried everything and luging the o ring with that special lube they came. And I can't use the stock rings because the are thicker in size and when I put them on the 650cc injectors since the are longer in size the fuel rail squezes those o rings bad and it leaks
    Take a picture of the injectors and post it. There are no "dark green" Subaru injectors for the USDM WRX. If you bought them 3rd party you might have gotten misinformation and possibly the wrong product. Were you supplied with the DW injector flow sheet?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I am sorry think they are dark blue and yes I did get a flow sheet from DW

Did you ever find a solution?

Holy thread from the dead Batman!

Drox, if you're having a similar/the same problem, you should post up your own thread with information about your problem so people can help you rather than jacking a 3+ year old thread.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.