jerking- not shaking

This is a discussion on jerking- not shaking within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this happens sometimes not often tho. ill be accelerating and around maybe 2,500 rpms my car will start jerking untill ...

jerking- not shaking

this happens sometimes not often tho. ill be accelerating and around maybe 2,500 rpms my car will start jerking untill i let off the gas. its not the shake from like being in 3rd gear goin 10 mph. and also sometimes i can smell gas after i get on it and i come to a stop.

its a 2006 wrx. TBE stage 2 tune . any ideas would be apreciated.

also my E-brake is really loose it won't even hold me on a hill does anyone know an easy way of tightening it. i heard there was a screw under the console that youcan tighten.
    thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok so i've been attempting to re-create this jerking motion. and it seems to only happen within maybe 15min. of starting my car. and its when im accelerating between 2-3 k rpm's but its when i accelerate slowly maybe like 20 % throttle it starts starts jerking untill i let off the gas. has anyone else experienced this or know if this is bad ?
    thanks in advance

Are you using an "off the self" tune or a custom tune?

I've never had to adjust an e-brake on a rear disk setup, but on a drum setup it's got to be performed at the brake.

Adjusting the rear drum parking brake on a Subaru isn't too bad. There's the star wheels, like normal drum brakes, pull the little dust guards out of the backing plate to access them, and there's an adjuster in the center console.

As for the shaking, that sounds like a misfire. Does the CEL and CC light flash when it shakes? Does it make BLACK smoke out the tailpipe? Otherwise, I'm not really sure... If you've got a Tactrix cable and a laptop, log it when it does it and see what's going on.

i don't notice any smoke or anything and no CEL's or anything it just gets really jerky for maybe 5 seconds then goes away.