Adjusting idle

This is a discussion on Adjusting idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My idle seems a little low on my 2003 wrx wagon. It is sitting around 500 rpm. I recieved a ...

Adjusting idle

My idle seems a little low on my 2003 wrx wagon. It is sitting around 500 rpm. I recieved a service manual on disk when I purchased the car. It really doesn't explain much on adjusting the idle? It mentions hooking it up to a computer? Is this the only way to adjust the idle speed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If idle were really at 500 rpm the needle on the tach would not move whether the motor is running or not. If the needle of the tach is on the first line below it's "OFF" point, then the idle is actually 750 rpm or so, and this is in fact OK. I strongly suspect your idle is 750 rpm.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.