Fuel Pump Running after ignition is off???

This is a discussion on Fuel Pump Running after ignition is off??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok i was installing my 650cc injectors the other day, i kept on getting a fuel leak at the top ...

Fuel Pump Running after ignition is off???

Ok i was installing my 650cc injectors the other day, i kept on getting a fuel leak at the top of one of the injectors after i turn the ignition on to see if i got it right or not, well after doing that couple of times, what it does not is, i have a walboro fuel pump and usually after i turn the ignition to on i could hear the fuel pump, now what happens is i turn the ignition on and dont hear the pump, and after i turn the ignition off and i even take the key out the fuel pump works i have to actually disconnect the battery for it to stop working what is going on, and by the way the fuel tank is now is pretty much empty because i could not fix that leak, maybe a gallon left in it, but what is up with the pump???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a bad or sticking relay.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    See if you can't find an electrical diagram for your car and follow the wiring diagram to see where there could be a stuck relay or perhaps you have a short somewhere that you can trace out.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Can the pump go bad if it starves out of fuel

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yusych View Post
    Can the pump go bad if it starves out of fuel
    Yes
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

bumping this thread for a solution. i have this EXACT problem.