engine cranks but wont start.... any answers??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on engine cranks but wont start.... any answers??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got the compression check and one of the cylinders is at 40. a couple mechanics have confirmed the ...

so i got the compression check and one of the cylinders is at 40. a couple mechanics have confirmed the knock is internal. so i guess im lookin for a cheap used motor from somewhere. i just spent all the money i had to buy this car and now im screwed and need a new motor. i chose the 20-50w because a couple people told me that when the engine gets hot it thins out and lubricates better. anyone know where to find a really cheap used motor???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mabenation View Post
    i chose the 20-50w because a couple people told me that when the engine gets hot it thins out and lubricates better.
    The 20 in 20W-50 means its a 20 weight at start up. If you wanted a thicker oil you should have used a 5w-40 or on the higher side a 10w-40.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123