Heeeeelllllpppp!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Heeeeelllllpppp!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey you guys!!!! BIIIIG question Just recently about 2 weeks ago, sometimes when I'm slowing down I hear a sound ...

Unhappy Heeeeelllllpppp!!!!

Hey you guys!!!!
    BIIIIG question
    Just recently about 2 weeks ago, sometimes when I'm slowing down I hear a sound which sounds like a back fire. It's not because, it's not coming from the exhaust. The sound seems to be coming from the right side and I've pin pointed exactly when. It happens typically when I'm stepping on the break but not every time just randomly
    Annnnnnny ideas I love my baby I just want it to be healthy!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you pinpoint at least which system its coming from (brake, suspension, engine, trans. etc etc )? What model/year vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? Any recent maintainence history? So if you slow down without stepping on the brake it doesnt make the noise?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you have an aftermarket exhaust (especially aftermarket catless downpipe) this is pretty normal.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Can you pinpoint at least which system its coming from (brake, suspension, engine, trans. etc etc )? What model/year vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? Any recent maintainence history? So if you slow down without stepping on the brake it doesnt make the noise?
    I don't I just noticed when im slowing down or stepping on the break it might make that noise it only makes it sometimes but its pissing me off lol
    wrx 03
    it has bout approximately 50,000 miles
    oil was changed bout 3,000kms ago
    it was in n accident but accident only made cosmetic damages didn't mess with anything internally nothing needed to be fixed owner before was stupid n let someone hit the car n the cosmetics where fixed Ive had 3 mechanics take a look at it internally before buying it they said it was fine and im still trying to figure out whats wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    If you have an aftermarket exhaust (especially aftermarket catless downpipe) this is pretty normal.
    its still a stock exhaust
    it aint aftermarket yet it will be next yr

Only time you would hear a backfire from your car is when your over fueling between shifts (bov to blame) or you have an aftermarket exhaust system with a non or crappy tune...
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.