Put on your thinking caps plz!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Put on your thinking caps plz! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I am having some problems with my 03 wrx. I had two Subaru shops take a look at it ...

Exclamation Put on your thinking caps plz!

Ok I am having some problems with my 03 wrx. I had two Subaru shops take a look at it and they can't find a problem.

The Turbo will only boost to 5psi. I think the turbo is junk or maybe the car is in some type of a safe mode.

Codes \/

P0031
    H025 Heater Control Circut Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0032
    H025 Heater Control Circut High (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

I have a Front mount intercooler, Header, Downpipe, and intake. On a stage 2 tune. could anybody tell me why Im Haveing thease problems?

PLZ HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Civic_jdm16 View Post
    Ok I am having some problems with my 03 wrx. I had two Subaru shops take a look at it and they can't find a problem.

The Turbo will only boost to 5psi. I think the turbo is junk or maybe the car is in some type of a safe mode.

Codes \/

P0031
    H025 Heater Control Circut Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0032
    H025 Heater Control Circut High (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

I have a Front mount intercooler, Header, Downpipe, and intake. On a stage 2 tune. could anybody tell me why Im Haveing thease problems?

PLZ HELP!
    There's your problem. That setup needs a custom tune. Whether it be a protune somewhere or an open ecu street tune.

A stage 2 map is designed for:

Stock IC
    Stock Header
    Stock or warm air intake
    An aftermarket downpipe

Thats it.

What will further compound your problem which you did not specify but I am assuming you have.

1. Any blow off valve other than the stock BPV.
    2. An oil type filter element on your intake.

Are you running the stock Up pipe?
    Do you have the factory restrictor pill in place?

BTW pics are worth a lot here.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

did any of the shops change your o2 sensor?
    the resistance of the heater circuit should be in the 2-3 ohm range. i dont know the exact spec but if its not much more than 3 ohms i would think it to be ok. in which case theres a damaged wire to the o2.
    to test it unplug the o2 and on the o2 end of the plug put the ohm meter across the 2 heater wires. (sorry not sure which colour they are)
    i change lots of o2's cause of these codes. i've only once in 5 years seen a wiring problem on the cars harness, its always the o2.

this should solve the codes but it wouldnt cause the car to go into safemode... i dont think...

-Alex

I Support ClubWRX
    Another place to look would be your Boost Control Solenoid...this seems to be a fairly common issue with the earlier WRX.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

1. Any blow off valve other than the stock BPV.
    2. An oil type filter element on your intake.

Yes I do have a BOV, but its not a good one.

Its has an intake that runs into the side of the engine bay, I have yet to see it.

Are you running the stock Up pipe?
    Do you have the factory restrictor pill in place?

Kinda lost when you say up pipe? there are pipes everywhere!

I have no clue about this pill or where I would find it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scooby 01.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	86277

I will check the 02.

Thanks you guys so mucg I will try these things and let you know the out come.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your up-pipe is the exhaust piping that runs from the exhaust manifold on the bottom of the engine, up to the turbo.

Do check your boost solenoid, look into the 3-port BCS's. And GET A TUNE! You're car is not running at all like it should, and you could possibly be damaging the engine.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Ok then I gona guess since its part of the header that its after market, Im starting to get realy upset with the problems im having with this car, I din't build this car. I bought somebody's problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scooby 02 edit.jpg 
Views:	560 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	86278 Ok Im just guessing here but are these the sensors I need to change? the ones in the Yellow. Should I just go ahead and change them both? and also what can cause these to go bad? Its just kinda wierd how they both went bad at the same time.
    Last edited by Civic_jdm16; 11-18-2009 at 10:47 PM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The sensor in question is the one on the bottom of that graphic, the front O2 sensor in the header. You may want to check the wires just to make sure that when the header was installed the person put the wires back in the proper place to avoid melting to the up-pipe. If the wires got melted, that could be your problem and be fixed with a simple wire splice, though I would recommend a replacement anyways.

Otherwise, your O2 sensor is bad. Replace it and the codes should go away (again if the wires check out okay).

However, that shouldn't be causing the lack of boost your seeing. Check for exhaust leaks, and wastegate and boost control solenoid function.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Ok this is my current tune. TPG Stage 2 Using 93 octane fuel, stock Injectors, Exhaust, FMIC, Leaking BOV, Header Leak,

This is what my Cobb Access Port is telling me

Bump New Idea

Ok, the shop i am taking the car to for this problem says they can bypass thaese sensors.... does anybody out there know how this is done?
    "SCHIRRA~#16" HOLY *****'N A$$ CRACKERS!!!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    You do not want to bypass the front O2 sensor. Maybe you misheard them or they are idiots. The front O2 sensor is a very important sensor. The ECU needs it for closed loop fueling. Just replace the sensor.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    You do not want to bypass the front O2 sensor. Maybe you misheard them or they are idiots. The front O2 sensor is a very important sensor. The ECU needs it for closed loop fueling. Just replace the sensor.
    +1^....

I def. wouldn't be bringing my vehicle back to that shop...

Also check the vacuum hoses between the compressor outlet and wastegate actuator. The restrictor pill is basically a metal bead. It has a small hole in it and allows the boost control solenoid to work. It should be in the small hose between the compressor and the "T" fitting.

If you don't feel a bump in that hose, then you will not be able to hit much boost at all. Check that first before you do anything else.
    "I never drive faster than I can see."
    - Jack Burton

Ok I will make sure to take my car to a new shop....

and i will try to find the pill.
    "SCHIRRA~#16" HOLY *****'N A$$ CRACKERS!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.