catalytic converter with a turbo back?

This is a discussion on catalytic converter with a turbo back? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello all, got myself into a predicament..... looking for some knowledge/advice. welp, got myself an 06 wrx sedan. Has an ...

catalytic converter with a turbo back?

hello all, got myself into a predicament..... looking for some knowledge/advice. welp, got myself an 06 wrx sedan. Has an invidia 3" downtube and an Invidia turbo-back exhaust with an access port tune for the setup from prev owner that traded it in for his sti. Silly me not knowing about the exhaust systems and how they work, get a call from the dealer saying there's no catalytic converter on the car so it won't pass inspection. They say, hey, we'll get one on there for 350 or a high flow for 400 bucks. Again, silly me thinks hey, i'll just do the basic cat and take it off after i get the car and we'll be fine!

WRONG!!!! They weld one on, now i've got the check engine light with bad tuning and a basic cat on a turbo back. Being a newb, any body able to tell me what that does if i leave the cat on with a turbo back and leave the ecu tuned vs getting it reflashed? Or am i just killing myself needing to now get the cat cut back out to undo my stupidity and try and make it a bolt on for next years inspection?

Why i got a car like this with more than just BASIC car knowledge? i'll never know. but i've signed the papers and i'm stuck, so any advise is welcome! thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    I would just take it to an exhaust shop and have them cut the cat out.