I have 02' wrx with 160K. 4 months ago my turbo blew and i had it replaced. Well i was driving back home one night, and the drive was a little further then i take my car, and my oil light came on. I pulled over and checked my oil and the dip stick was dry. I check my fluids once a week and i know the level was fine 4 days earlier. I had some oil on me and i put 1 quart in. About 3 miles later my car started over heating and so i pulled over again and this time my antifreeze was empty. Filled that up, even though i know you are not supposed to put antifreeze into a hot car, i still did it. At this point i was about 1/2 mile from my house and i just drove home. When i got home i opened my hood and there was antifreeze everywhere but that tank was still filled.
The car sat for the weekend and on Tuesday when i had a chance to bring it it to the shop i made a appointment. I didn't feel like paying to have it towed so i check all my fluids and the antifreeze was normal but there was actually to much oil in my car at this point which was weird. Turned my car on it gradually heated up and then started to over heat. Tried to turn on my heat in my car but there was no heat was coming out of my vents. Opened the hood i could smell the antifreeze burning but levels was still the same.
I had it towed to Subaru, does anyone have any idea????
No smoke coming out of the exhaust, i never drive the car hard and i was showing my friend who wanted to get a WRX the acceleration and about 10 minutes later all this happened. I am thinking head gasket? But i really hope not