04 Wrx Probs

This is a discussion on 04 Wrx Probs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I drive a 04 Wrx with 68k miles on it and a few probs have sprung up that i ...

04 Wrx Probs

Hi

I drive a 04 Wrx with 68k miles on it and a few probs have sprung up that i just cant seem to fix. The car has zero Mods and is 100% stock

1.When car is at idel after warm up the fan kicks on for a few secs then kicks off dropping the rpm almost to a stall..this also happens after the car has been driven at any distance and is in gear or nuet.

2.Driving the car in any gear and at any rpm the headlights will dim

3.This one is my main prob that i hate. When accelerating i get a very loud whistle from the front of the car people 100ft away can hear and turn too look

4.when i press the gas pedal in and let off the exhaust makes a chirp/whistle noise this only happens if i'm going very slow and rev the motor slightly.

5.And today when checking the oil i noticed that the tank with a radiator cap near the turbo on the pass side has green coolant all over the top. i cleaned it off and checked all the hoses going to it and the cap but cant seem to find where it came from.

much thx to any help

Dominic
    Last edited by Tuca; 11-16-2009 at 03:05 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Items 1, 2, 3 could be electrical issues. Check the alternator belt for tension and condition, and replace with an authentic Subaru part if necessary. Check the battery leads and the condition of the battery also.

4 could be
    a. Any or all of the hoses leading to that reservoir.
    b. The reservoir itself, as it is two pieces with a seam and the seam could leak
    c. The radiator cap on the reservoir.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

going to replace the belt and see of that clears some things up

anyone know if Pbr break pads are any good?