Side Light (parking light) bulbs

This is a discussion on Side Light (parking light) bulbs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would like to ask if everyone has the problem of getting to the front side light (parking light) bulbs. ...

Side Light (parking light) bulbs

I would like to ask if everyone has the problem of getting to the front side light (parking light) bulbs. Both or one of them don't come on everytime but the slightest tap on the glass and on they come. They haven't actually gone (obviously) and are either loose or have a dodgy element but i can't see how you get to them. The handbook is useless as a guide as it is so unclear. Can anybody help by describing clearly how you get to them? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    I would like to ask if everyone has the problem of getting to the front side light (parking light) bulbs. Both or one of them don't come on everytime but the slightest tap on the glass and on they come. They haven't actually gone (obviously) and are either loose or have a dodgy element but i can't see how you get to them. The handbook is useless as a guide as it is so unclear. Can anybody help by describing clearly how you get to them? Thanks.
    What year do you have? You have to take out the headlight on mine but I never bothered because that light only flashes when I lock my car....

It is said to be described in the owner's manual and is supposed to be relatively quick. You may be able to find an actual service manual for your car as well: Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

What MY do you have? You talking about the 04/05 blobeye marker lights? I pull the inner wheel well cover back on the driver side and reach in to change that side. Tight fit and may not work if you have big hands. Pretty sure you may be able to get the passenger side one by reaching through the hole where the snorkus is/was. Wheel well trick should work on both sides worst case. I never remove the headlight assembly but not everyone has small hands. Should work on the bugeye and blobeye as I can't remember ever having to pull the assembly to change a bulb.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 11-15-2009 at 11:07 AM.