car turns off and on while driving

This is a discussion on car turns off and on while driving within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; last night i was driving home and my car turned off on me then immediately turned back on it was ...

car turns off and on while driving

last night i was driving home and my car turned off on me then immediately turned back on it was weird though because you could still hear the engine moving but the car stalls and all the lights like the seat belt light ABS light airbag and the mph rpm gauges turn off for a split second then the car drives normal again anybody know whats going on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your battery terminals. You may have a loose one.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

same exact thing happened to me! it was so weird and it freaked me out and since the car was off i didnt have abs and i slid almost through a red light. i had to end up changing my battery and one terminal

I Support ClubWRX
    stop turning the key while driving.

Could be a multitude of things. And CELs? any other issues that have surfaced besides this?

It's obviously electrical... But where at is the issue. Besides the battery... It could also be the leads to/from the alternator. There could also be a short somewhere.

I'd say go to Autozone, Checkers, etc... they usually have free basic electrical testing, and battery testing. They may be able to pinpoint it for free, instead of taking the internet masses advice, or taking a hit on the pocketbook from the dealership.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

i figured it out... awhile back i had my friend put my battery back in after i changed my spark plugs and the battery mount wasnt screwed on tight so as i was driving around the mount kept hitting the positive side of my battery and was shorting out my car that guy is never touching my car again hahahaha

I Support ClubWRX
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!