Issues with front end...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Issues with front end... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well after 6+ years with my 03 Wrx with 95k I am starting to get some front end issues... I ...

Issues with front end...

Well after 6+ years with my 03 Wrx with 95k I am starting to get some front end issues... I replaced struts all around with upper and lower top hats... My car is lowered on S techs. Been in the car for 4 years.. I think it's time to replace some bushings etc.. But my question is I don't know what or where to start.... I was hopping I could get a local guy test drive my car to put me in thr right direction...... Evoeater anyone in the area... Thanks jeff.. I live in the delco area

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hmmm...Lets see..what kind of "issues" are you experiencing? Noises, Vibrations etc etc....I'm assuming when you say "top hats" you mean upper strut mounts?...

Yes top hats... No vibration it's more cluncks and bangs... I checked the axles no tears... I have the stock sways they could be bad... The steering rack or bushing could be an issue... I changed the belts. My stock struts where trashed so I am not sure if they trashed the springs

Do you get this noise only when you go over bumps? Does the vehicle feel any more unstable than usual in turns? I would hop under there and do a thorough visual/check over of the entire front end....shake down the tie rods, ball joints, wheel bearings....bad ball joints can make a hell of noise similar to defective strut mounts..

I'll have to check on the ball joints..... It's over bumps uneven ground... I am even pushing to see if I have a bad motor mount trans mount.... That's why I ask if someone on this fourm could look at it....

Usually if you have a bad motor or trans mount you would notice a clunk on acceleration or somewhat of a knock when your idling and you rev the engine...

just a suggestion, check and make sure the bolt on the strut mount is completely tightened, if it's not and the strut loses pressure ie, when the tire drops, and it comes back up, the little nut on top clanks against the support.

I tightened the top nut before it wasn't loss.... Evoeater if ur not busy and want to drive it I'll meet u tommorrow.... I just need a direction to go in.... I have no clue...

I would be happy to drive the vehicle and try and determine the location of the noise.....I live around Longwood gardens are you familiar with Kennett Square or West Chester at all? ....

PM sent with my cell #

I checked for recalls and TSB's for your vehicle and unfortunately I couldnt really locate anything specific to your the noise we heard...There is one for the Spring seat in which apparently your supposed to install and insulator so the spring doesnt make noise..however that really doesnt seem like sound we heard...FWIW..I belive the strut to body nuts are 14mm and the strut nut is a 17mm

Thanks alot AJ.... Thanks for the or u put in checking my car out... I'll order the tophats tommorrow... With longer exhaust brackets... Guys aj is a stand up guy it's great to have people like him around this community....

Timing prob.

(EJ20H engine)Hey does anyone know what could be wrong with my timing, I made sure the cams were off from eachother and lined up the marks, its a four cylinder quad cam, or twin on each head, I put it all back together and its turning over without any knocking sounds and sounds like it could start but its not, Could I have the cams on the exact opposite rotation of the valve inlet and that could be stoping it from firing?

Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    Thanks alot AJ.... Thanks for the or u put in checking my car out... I'll order the tophats tommorrow... With longer exhaust brackets... Guys aj is a stand up guy it's great to have people like him around this community....
    Hey thanks a lot man!..Jeff is a good guy also ...exhaust brackets def a good idea...as for the upper strut mounts..no guarantees that will fix your problem, however like I said if it was customers car I would order new 4 new ones...Let me know how it turns out dude...

Quote Originally Posted by mellow45 View Post
    (EJ20H engine)Hey does anyone know what could be wrong with my timing, I made sure the cams were off from eachother and lined up the marks, its a four cylinder quad cam, or twin on each head, I put it all back together and its turning over without any knocking sounds and sounds like it could start but its not, Could I have the cams on the exact opposite rotation of the valve inlet and that could be stoping it from firing?
    Ultimate thread jack buddy...lol..no worries..hmm..what year is the vehicle? How many miles? What model? What was the original reason the engine was apart? Try this tutorial here and triple check your marks... http://endwrench.com/images/pdfs/2.5Timing.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.