Help with CEL code P0183 2008 STI

This is a discussion on Help with CEL code P0183 2008 STI within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; After putting a Perrin exhaust system on my 2008 STI - including up-pipe, down pipe, and quad tip catback, the ...

Question Help with CEL code P0183 2008 STI

After putting a Perrin exhaust system on my 2008 STI - including up-pipe, down pipe, and quad tip catback, the CEL has been on. The CEL is solid when the car is turned on, along with a solid traction control light, blinking cruise control light, and blinking S (Sport) mode light. The only other modification is a turbo timer, and blow off valve which were installed prior, and did not cause any problems with the CEL light. The code from the CEL is P0183. Even after clearing the CEL, once the car is restarted it comes on after about 5 seconds. I also have the Cobb tune for Stage 2 installed for CA,NV, and AZ. Any suggestions as to what to try to make the CEL turn off would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you buy the car new or used? Have you installed an aftermarket Fuel pump? ie.. Walbro FP? the code p0183 refers to the fuel temperature sensor "A" circuit high input. Did you retrace your steps to see if while installing your TBE you unplugged something? any other readings the AP is telling you besides the code? are you boosting properly? I am sure others will post their knowledge/findings as well. Good Luck and Welcome.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.visi.com/~rhanson/obdII_codes-full-text.htm

Code:
    P0183 Engine Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input

Description:
    The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the EFT sensor circuit to the PCM for high voltage. If voltage were to exceed a calibrated limit and a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test will fail.

Possible Causes:
    *Open or Short to power in harness*
    *Damaged EFT Sensor*
    *Improper harnes connection*
    *Damaged PCM*

Diagnostic Aides
    Verify EFT-PID value to determine open or short"
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Thanks for the feedback...going to work on her this weekend and see how it goes