Low clutch pedal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Low clutch pedal within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So recently I have noticed that my clutch is much easier to push in for the first 3/4 of travel ...

Low clutch pedal

So recently I have noticed that my clutch is much easier to push in for the first 3/4 of travel and now the enguage/ disenguage point is pretty close to the floor. Is this a sign that the clutch is about to go, or is it a problem with the slave cylinder. Maybe something else? I have an 02 WRX 110K miles, and i don't drive it very aggressivly. Thanks for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The first thing I would prob. do is inspect everything and make sure the fluid level is full and you don't have any kinked lines or leaking lines...than I would bleed the clutch hydraulic system...start out cheap and easy..

Could also be mounting points, have a friend pump the pedal while you keep an eye on the clutch fluid res... it should not move at all... the fluid inside can though... but not by much...

If the fluid level moves up and down more than 1cm you either have a leak, brittle slave or master cylinder seals or air in the system...

Is your car a JDM model? (right hand drive cars have the res on the same side as the turbo which we all know gets very hot and can cause the fluid to boil)
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

THank for the heads up guys, Great idea to start out cheap. It was low on flud yesterday so I added some, and no change. I will have to get it up on the lift this weekend and take a good look at everything. I do not have the right hand drive version so that is not the case, but good thinking with the mounting bolts, I will certainly check that out. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.