Exhaust Hanger

This is a discussion on Exhaust Hanger within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My exhaust hanger is broken, the actual metal part. I was wondering what my options are to fix it....

Exhaust Hanger

My exhaust hanger is broken, the actual metal part. I was wondering what my options are to fix it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Vez
    I would think one hanger missing wouldn't make much of a difference, but if it does, you can try AEM exhaust hangers since they'll probably be polyurethane and not rubber. This should stiffen it up a bit for the remaining hangers. However, you should easily be able to get it welded back on at any muffler shop; this is the correct fix and most likely the cheaper, easier fix as well.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

Quote Originally Posted by boehmwrx View Post
    My exhaust hanger is broken, the actual metal part. I was wondering what my options are to fix it.
    If the actual metal part broke off you could always weld it back on/back together or you could go the other route of JB Weld...

the hanger is broken in the middle. I dont know if it can be welder there. When I bought the car it was duct taped

I think a trip to an exhaust shop is in order.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.