06 WRX manifold replacement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 WRX manifold replacement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought an 06 wrx on Oct 9. On the 11 the check engine light came on. I took it ...

06 WRX manifold replacement

I bought an 06 wrx on Oct 9. On the 11 the check engine light came on. I took it to my local Subaru service center and they said the manifold needed to be replaced. It was replaced on the 30 and the check engine light came back on the 31.Could there be a new problem or is it just a problem with the replacement?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The check engine light comes on in response to a specific error code. Without knowing that error code we cannot really comment with any sort of precision. Do you know the code? It may be on the service slip.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The original code was P2443. The work order says the intake was taken apart and an air leak was found from the manifold. The manifold and gaskets were then replaced. The next day the check engine light came on again. I have not taken the car back yet since I have to wait for my next day off, but I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about the problem could be.

I Support ClubWRX
    P2443 is associated with an air suction valve on the manifold. On your work order, if there any of the following then I may be on the right track (the gasket ought to be there even if I'm wrong, it's the other two I'm looking for):

14025AA421 GASKET INTAKE MANIFOLD
    25232AA090 RELAY
    14864AA030 VALVE AIR SUCTION

Unless I'm mistaken the valve operates during cold startup so it should not be a show stopper. Since I don't know the number for the second CEL I can't tell you what the cause might be. I'm afraid you'll have to take it back, sorry.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The work order has
    14011AB373 MANIF ASSY INT
    14075AA161 GASKET INTAKE COLLE
    14035AA421 GASKET INTAKE MANIF

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, I'm way off the map, my apologies. Bumping so hopefully someone can help. Anyone?

Seems a little extreme to replace the entire intake manifold.

There might be some answers in these links.

Here's some great information.
    P2443 Cel - MNSubaru.com

Other links on this subject.
    I have a P2443 code, 2007 WRX "Sec air inj. syst... - JustAnswer

P2443 error code on 2006 WRX TR

Cel P2443 - NASIOC
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 11-01-2009 at 08:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.