Brake light issue
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brake light issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2002 WRX wagon and the rear brake lights, including the led in the window, are no longer ...

Brake light issue

I have a 2002 WRX wagon and the rear brake lights, including the led in the window, are no longer working. I checked the fuse and it seems to be ok. Any other ideas?

-mx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    MIght be the switch in the pedal assembly.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not sure where the connector is for it, but if you connect your multimeter to pins 2 and 3 (2 is top left if you hold the connector with the tab on top, 3 is bottom right), you should see less than 1 ohm resistance with the brake pedal not depressed, and with it depressed you should see greater than 1 Mega Ohm.

Found a diagram, it's B65 as shown here:

Man, I just love electrical problems.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 10-31-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Thanks. I'll check those.

-mx

Quote Originally Posted by motoxpress View Post
    I have a 2002 WRX wagon and the rear brake lights, including the led in the window, are no longer working. I checked the fuse and it seems to be ok. Any other ideas?

-mx
    How many miles are on the car vehicle? I know this might sound like a long shot but did you check all the bulbs? I had something similar to this on my Legacy and I had like 4 bulbs out back there..Something simple to check...If no bulbs are burned out back there I would be checking for power and ground at each connector while the brake pedal is depressed...than go from there as mentioned...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.