09 wrx squeaky clutch prob?

This is a discussion on 09 wrx squeaky clutch prob? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have a 2009 wrx with 13,xxx miles on it recently took it in for a squeaky clutch. subaru of ...

09 wrx squeaky clutch prob?

i have a 2009 wrx with 13,xxx miles on it recently took it in for a squeaky clutch. subaru of san bernardino replaced the throwout bearing take it home starts squeaking again take it back and they replace the slave cylinder took them a week to do so get it back today drive it home and it starts squeaking again take it back and they tell me its normal and theres nothing they can do

has anyone else had a clutch prob with an 09

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is somewhat of a common problem with the newer WRX's Ive seen quite a few...my best guess is that it is the shifter fork for the release bearing...apparently the tips of it get dry and rub on the release bearing hense the squeaky noise..at least this would be my best bet...It could also be the pedal lever..Ive tried lubricating a few of them and have had no luck with the noise disappearing....Ive yet to see a TSB on it either...

mine does this too, on my wrx and on my moms forester, any insight will be appreciated
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    mine does this too, on my wrx and on my moms forester, any insight will be appreciated
    You could try prying back the boot for the clutch fork and spraying some maybe silicone lubricant or lithium grease down there to try and get it on the tongs of the clutch fork...also lubricate the lever mechanism at the top of the clutch pedal..

Quote Originally Posted by 09whiterex View Post
    i have a 2009 wrx with 13,xxx miles on it recently took it in for a squeaky clutch. subaru of san bernardino replaced the throwout bearing take it home starts squeaking again take it back and they replace the slave cylinder took them a week to do so get it back today drive it home and it starts squeaking again take it back and they tell me its normal and theres nothing they can do

has anyone else had a clutch prob with an 09

thanks
    My Throwout bearing is loud when I first start it in cold weather but after the car warms up goes back to normal.
    Grant | Stink Eye-Mob #133 | '09 WRX Premium
    STI Short Shifter, 25mm Front Sway Bar, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, Endlinks, Perrin Stealth (Black) Turbo back exhaust
    Pictures of My WRX http://www.flickr.com/photos/37962357@N02/

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mase33 View Post
    My Throwout bearing is loud when I first start it in cold weather but after the car warms up goes back to normal.
    Same on my '06. Seems like it's just a common thing with the stock throw out bearing.

the dealer lubed the **** out of it and the noise just continues to do it. it does it when it is cold and when its warm.

also the clutch goes from really soft to really stiff when i am driving why would this occur?