Loose/broke underbody panel
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Loose/broke underbody panel within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my 09 WRX Hatch has just under 6000 miles on it. This morning after driving to work I noticed ...

Loose/broke underbody panel

So my 09 WRX Hatch has just under 6000 miles on it. This morning after driving to work I noticed that the front, passenger side underbody panel was hanging down. (In front of the tire, it is also known as "Plate Air Plap.") So I inspect the car, no damage or scuff marks, etc anywhere, no signs of hitting or running over anything. But the panel is hanging down and only left attached by the plastic fastener. The part where the bolt goes through broke. I push it back up into place above the bumper lip hoping it will stay, but after driving home it was hanging down again.

I plan on checking to see if Subaru will fix this when it's in for the next oil change but I wanted to see if this was a common problem or if anyone had an idea what would cause this? (Especially if they try to claim it's not their responsibility.) I noticed some threads about older models where this piece would mysteriously be missing. Obviously Subaru put it there for a reason and I don't want to have to keep having it replaced.

Any ideas??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Perhaps whoever did the last oil change didn't resecure it properly...Theres no cutout for the filter i believe so you have to remove the entire undercover... What do you mean the bolt that holds it up broke off? it broke off in the front lower rad.support? or the bolt that goes into the jacking plate? or just the clip is missing...

The 2 plastic clips that connect the panel to the lower bumper are still intact. There is a bolt hole where the panel attaches to the frame of the car. The plastic underbody panel broke/ripped off around the bolt. The bolt itself is still installed and intact.

ah ha..damn...I know what your saying..Ive seen that many many times...chances are they would prob order you another undercover...you/they might be able to fix it with like JB weld or something..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.