squeaking/rattling rear seat belts, any ideas?

This is a discussion on squeaking/rattling rear seat belts, any ideas? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so randomly at 40mph or more my rear seat belt begin to make a rattling or squeaking type noise. i ...

squeaking/rattling rear seat belts, any ideas?

so randomly at 40mph or more my rear seat belt begin to make a rattling or squeaking type noise.

i have some idea on how to treat it but i was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they might have done to treat it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year is this vehicle? model? sedan or wagon? How many miles are on the vehicle? If it is a wagon I know some of the rear seat back hinges like to make noise..what I usually do is pop the seat down and modify ( take a hammer and beat it lol usually up or down to make the CLICK tighter) the little metal latch the seat clips into.. If you grab onto the seat back and pull and push you can see/hear it move usually...

i have a 2002 WRX sedan with 100,605 miles

I would have someone ride back there to make sure the noise is actually coming from the seat belts themselves or some other location....

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    I would have someone ride back there to make sure the noise is actually coming from the seat belts themselves or some other location....
    yeah my fiancee already did and she had her ear right up to them. also every time she grabbed one of them tightly the noise went away so i am 99.99% sure it is them, plus the drivers belt makes the same noise, only much fainter and less often, then the rear ones do.

like i said, i have some ideas on how to deal with this i just wanted to see if any of you guys encountered this before.

hmmm...yeah I don't think Ive ever really had that problem...If its the upper mechanism that kind of pivots you could prob pop off the trim piece and see if you can spray some like silicone spray in there or something and also make sure the bolt is tight...