Turbo Timer help - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Turbo Timer help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by cmw9988 Yeah I see what you are saying now. Those numbers do match up. The gauge says ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cmw9988 View Post
    Yeah I see what you are saying now. Those numbers do match up. The gauge says kpa after the numbers though. This is a little confusing. I have some pics that, but I need to get the card to put them on my computer.
    Yeah that's odd for sure. I'm with the other guys in here though. There really is no need for an EBC on these cars. It's a stupid thing to crank up boost and not manipulate the fuel and timing as well, and I know it was the previous owner who put it on, so no one is criticizing you, but it would be a very good idea to remove that from your car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Yeah that's odd for sure. I'm with the other guys in here though. There really is no need for an EBC on these cars. It's a stupid thing to crank up boost and not manipulate the fuel and timing as well, and I know it was the previous owner who put it on, so no one is criticizing you, but it would be a very good idea to remove that from your car.
    I am not sure the past owner didn't tune the car. There is a fuel/air gauge on there so it might be tuned? I was thinking of taking the car to a local tuner to have them check it out. I really don't use the EBC too much I think I have turned it on dozen or so times. The thing does CRANK when I turn it on. I guess I should have know more about what I was buying. Not complaing though it is the coolest car I ever owned.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cmw9988 View Post
    I am not sure the past owner didn't tune the car. There is a fuel/air gauge on there so it might be tuned? I was thinking of taking the car to a local tuner to have them check it out. I really don't use the EBC too much I think I have turned it on dozen or so times. The thing does CRANK when I turn it on. I guess I should have know more about what I was buying. Not complaing though it is the coolest car I ever owned.
    Well, Air/Fuel guages are only really useful if they are hooked up to a wideband sensor, and if it is, then maybe it was retuned, but when you allow the boost controller to change the boost pressures, it doesn't do anything for fuel. So, you're adding more air and heating up the charge without adding any fuel to compensate for it, which can = engine go boom.

Take a look at some of the tuning options available to you. Of course, a protune is always the best option, but there are a lot of off the shelf options as well as open source which is what I use. One thing's for sure though, you need to remove the boost controller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12