A long introduction/problems with misfiring at idle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A long introduction/problems with misfiring at idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone I am new here im coming from s2000's so its a little bit of a learning curve. Well ...

A long introduction/problems with misfiring at idle

Hello everyone I am new here im coming from s2000's so its a little bit of a learning curve. Well to start out I just picked up an 06 wrx with a few mods on it and it is giving me a fit. I am getting P0301-4 codes and it missfires pretty good. I already changed plugs even though they looked fine. I did a compression test and numbers were from 150-60 across the board. I ran an injector flush through with the pump disconnected and even swapped coils to see if it was that. Also I disconnected each injector one at a time and felt each cylinder drop. Although the idle runs higher when in closed loop it still has a miss and once it switches over to open loop the idle dips so low that it shuts off everytime. I'm really stumped as to what it could be. I was thinking it might be the cps but i took it out and its reading some resistance. Does anyone know how many ohms it should read? Well I know this is a doozy of a post but any help is greatly appreciated.
    Arthur B.
    oh and also here are the mods the engine has.
    aem intake
    turboxs bov
    3inch exhaust without cat(too dirty to read the badge lol)
    thats it i believe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

get your hands on a stock bov and a stock intake or a cobb intake. Does it have a tune? Because subies NEED a tune with a catless exhaust. Those are the only things I can think of. But i dont know if a BOV and an intake can make it run so bad. I would make sure it has a stage 2 tune. Thats what it needs
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.