oil light came on after race

This is a discussion on oil light came on after race within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, i had a 2 hour trip to PA today and all was well on my way over but ...

oil light came on after race

Hey everyone, i had a 2 hour trip to PA today and all was well on my way over but on my way back i decided to race this dodge lightning. Worse move I made all weekend

I put a little whopping on the truck but then my oil light came on that was the first time that had ever happened and i wasn't sure what it meant. So I pulled into a rest stop and popped the hood and there was antifreeze all over the place Im thinking a hose busted. I looked around the bay and couldn't find any definite leakage. I then checked the oil, it needed about half a quart. I put some oil in and jumped back on the road, the oil light continued brightening and dimming until it finally went off about 15 -20 min later. But now the coolant temp started fluctuating. I'm thinking i might need to put more fluid in.

My question here is what does the oil light really indicate? low oil, pressure, temp? I dont know.
    Last edited by Gwangsun; 10-24-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

Mods
    Cobb Stage 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yes..the idiot light will illuminate i believe when oil pressure gets down to around 5-7 PSI...

I Support ClubWRX
    Id figure out where your coolant leak is coming from. How many miles? My gut wants to think that your turbo may be on its way out with oil and coolant issues.

And yes due to the nature of the wrx's coolant system, they are very finicky with only a slight amount of coolant loss. Air pockets get stuck in the hoses and your temp gauge will go through the roof.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
    Oh the Irony
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

dodge lightning?
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    dodge lightning?
    i was just about to say that.

dodge ≠ ford.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

hey yo..dodge lightnings are nothing to mess with...lol..seriously..I was driving one the other day at work..pretty nasty if you ask me...

OK OK, i guess i deserved that after making that "dodge ford lightning confusion" but you all could still suck it

ima go look for that leak...

Mods
    Cobb Stage 2

DUB
    Just curious: Upon pulling over after the oil light came on, did you think to look in your owners manual to discover it's meaning?

Top rad hose broke, and the oil got a little burnt. Changed the oil and replaced the hose so now all is fine . thanks for your help everyone.

Mods
    Cobb Stage 2