spark plugs

This is a discussion on spark plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; whats the professional install time on spark plugs for an sti?...

spark plugs

whats the professional install time on spark plugs for an sti?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    1-2 hrs labor.

1-2 hours is right, but what is the deal with the spark plugs in such an inconvenient spot? If Subaru had moved them up like 1/2 inch on 04/05s it would be much easier to get at. I'm fully capable of changing plugs in other cars but I don't think I ever want to change Subaru plugs again, what a pain in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by brianha42 View Post
    1-2 hours is right, but what is the deal with the spark plugs in such an inconvenient spot? If Subaru had moved them up like 1/2 inch on 04/05s it would be much easier to get at. I'm fully capable of changing plugs in other cars but I don't think I ever want to change Subaru plugs again, what a pain in the a$$.
    You could always pop the 2 14mm's off the motor mounts and jack the engine up a tad...Personally I would much rather replace plugs on the H6 rather than any current boosted boxer...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've done them numerous times on numerous WRX's and STi's, and can do it in about 15 minutes. Do it enough, and you'll find the fastest way to do anything.

the above 2 posts def know what they're talking about! i didn't think to lift the motor but that sounds like the way to go. =D
    Last edited by brianha42; 10-23-2009 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianha42 View Post
    Thankfully for the 2010 EZ36's the plugs dont look bad at all.. it looks as though they have given you considerablely more room between the valve covers and "frame rails"....