exhaust ?

This is a discussion on exhaust ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this may b a stupid question but i have a crucial racing full turbo back exhaust and i was wondering ...

Registered User silver_stallion's Avatar

exhaust ?

this may b a stupid question but i have a crucial racing full turbo back exhaust and i was wondering if taking the silencer in and out can effect my car, ive had the silencer in for a while and i took it out and started getting a po171 engine code and im not sure if this is related to that problem at all. any help is well appreciated thanx!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm guessing you aren't tuned. When I had my 03 wrx and I had my silencer on I would boost less. The boost would creep up without the silencer and I was even running a mbc.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

That aftermarket downpipe is probably what is causing the CEL, not the silencer. All silencer does is make the dB lvl decrease.

I'd get a tune asap, or put the stock turbo back exhaust back on and clear the light.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Registered User silver_stallion's Avatar
    im currently running stg 2 cobb ap, thanks for clearing up the silencer question, as for the engine code idk what it is, my idle is really low sometimes and when i start the car the idle is so low that the car dies. i cleaned my maf and i havent had the problem again yet...hopefully that was all.