Malfunction Indicator Lamp (Check Engine Light)

This is a discussion on Malfunction Indicator Lamp (Check Engine Light) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all (again) lol with another problem..... I own a 01 wrx and i removed my Exhaust Manafold (RH) so ...

Malfunction Indicator Lamp (Check Engine Light)

Hi all (again) lol with another problem..... I own a 01 wrx and i removed my Exhaust Manafold (RH) so i could tighten up these couple of allen key bolts under my block as i thought they may have come loose as i have an oil leak around that area which is dripping onto my lower exaust manafold covers which is making it smoke. I now think that i have to replace my rocket cover gasket because im sure that's where the leak is coming from.. NOW another problem also is Malfunction Indicator Lamp stays on after i put it all back together could this be that i damaged the Front oxygen (NF) sensor while removing the exhaust manafold. PLS Help ?
    Last edited by o0ohakko0o; 10-17-2009 at 02:14 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Best thing to do is to get the code(s) pulled and go from there. It doesn't do any good to guess when you have a computer that can tell you exactly where to look first.

+1^..Get the code read first...FWIW I believe what your referring to as "allen head bolts" are the block plugs for coolant jackets fore that is where the factory block heater/oil cooler ties into..