Best source for replacement bumper?

This is a discussion on Best source for replacement bumper? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I managed to back my 09 wrx into an invisible car, putting a good dent in my bumper. Should ...

Best source for replacement bumper?

So I managed to back my 09 wrx into an invisible car, putting a good dent in my bumper. Should I go to the dealership or is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Wait 'til some fool puts his in to a tree and totals it. Buy the rear bumper off him.

Keep a vigilant eye on craigslist and all the forums, something will turn up.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xIke View Post
    or is there a cheaper alternative?
    Nope. Dealership.

Thanks all. Looks like it'll cost $239 from the dealership, but I'll have to get it painted and installed. They quoted the whole repair as $1500, so I'll just buy it from them and run around town trying to find the cheapest collision repair shop. This should actually cost a lot less than I expected.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by xIke View Post
    Thanks all. Looks like it'll cost $239 from the dealership, but I'll have to get it painted and installed. They quoted the whole repair as $1500, so I'll just buy it from them and run around town trying to find the cheapest collision repair shop. This should actually cost a lot less than I expected.
    I haven't done it myself so I could be mistaken, but I imagine it's not that tough to R/R a rear bumper.