Oil leakage from FMIC

This is a discussion on Oil leakage from FMIC within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey. Would anyone have any ideas on this issue... Oil leakage out of FMIC piping. Looks like it spluttered around ...

Oil leakage from FMIC

Hey.
    Would anyone have any ideas on this issue...

Oil leakage out of FMIC piping. Looks like it spluttered around from there as well.

Plus there are oil leak marks near turbo, but no leakage visable from the turbo itself.

Mods: FMIC, vf34 turbo, turbo back exhaust.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

explain oil leak? Is there a film of oil in the intercooler/around the coupler or do you physically see it dripping/a puddle? a little film is somewhat normal. I'm assuming you have a 2000 WRX? What I would do so you don't misconstrue things are take a can of brakekleen or two and wash off all the oil from the top and underside of the engine. take a look back in a few days or so and the source of the "leak" should become apparent if there is one. How many miles are on the car? Any drive ability problems? Are you hitting target boost?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    explain oil leak? Is there a film of oil in the intercooler/around the coupler or do you physically see it dripping/a puddle? a little film is somewhat normal. I'm assuming you have a 2000 WRX? What I would do so you don't misconstrue things are take a can of brakekleen or two and wash off all the oil from the top and underside of the engine. take a look back in a few days or so and the source of the "leak" should become apparent if there is one. How many miles are on the car? Any drive ability problems? Are you hitting target boost?
    Hi mate.
    That sounds like a great idea re the brakeleen.

In response to your questions, the car has 140kms on the clock. I believe target boost is around 16-18psi considering the VF34 turbo and fmic.
    Few drive problems- sometimes it chokes when boosting in 3rd over 5000rpm- if i back off a bit- give it only half throttle, it will stop stuttering.
    Any other ideas considering this info given?
    Thanks again

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Check your PCV valve is working correctly.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb