'09 WRX Premium Sound System = Un-impressed
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '09 WRX Premium Sound System = Un-impressed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't need any great sounding stereo in my car but I'm very dissapointed in the "premium" audio system in ...

Thumbs down '09 WRX Premium Sound System = Un-impressed

I don't need any great sounding stereo in my car but I'm very dissapointed in the "premium" audio system in my '09 WRX. I drive a bone stock Dodge Ram at work and it's 10 times better than my WRX! The bass is non-existant, the door panels rattle if there's an odd bass tune, and I'm afraid to turn it up in fear of blowing a speaker. I swear one already sounds blown.

Please understand, I know proper operating procedures of a stereo and taking care of them, ie. not blasting it.

I've done all sorts of upgrades to stereos in past cars, I'm not really looking to do anything crazy. My Ipod files are high quality, the equalizer on my Ipod is off, and a CD doesn't sound any better.

Any suggestions or any others feel my pain?

I think I just needed to vent, I had just a $100 head unit in a 2000 Grand Prix (traded in) and it sounded a hundred times better.

Jeremy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it under warranty? (for the possible blown speaker.) Have you taken it by the dealer to tell them? I'd say if you sheld out for a new car you should be happy with it, if not the dealer should know.

Yeah it's under warrenty, I'll have them take a look at it....

I was basically just having a pissy night and it the stereo set me off tonight. I need a hug

I did just read a nice write up in another area about a speaker upgrade using the stock system. I may think about doing that.

Like you said, I just shelled out a good chunk of change for this car and there could at least be a good quality system stock. I do however forget about the stereo when I pull a few gears

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.