Belts & Manual

This is a discussion on Belts & Manual within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, Does any one have the WRX 04 Factory Service manual? My belts on the front have some cracks so ...

Belts & Manual

Hey,
    Does any one have the WRX 04 Factory Service manual? My belts on the front have some cracks so I'm thinking I should replace them. And when I bought the car I figured I'd do some of the maintenance my self!

But I wasn't sure how to measure the tension on the belts and was hoping some one would have the manual. Or if someone knows how to measure the tension once I get the new belts on would be great.

Thanks,

DorBink

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

General rule of thumb is there should be about 1/2" of deflection for every foot of freespan. Personally once I get the new belts on if I can turn the belt more than half way around its too loose..At least this is what I do and Ive never had a problem with them... take a look here this might be of some assistance.. Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    General rule of thumb is there should be about 1/2" of deflection for every foot of freespan. Personally once I get the new belts on if I can turn the belt more than half way around its too loose..At least this is what I do and Ive never had a problem with them... take a look here this might be of some assistance.. Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com
    Thanks for the tip on turning the belt. Never would have thought of that. And the link.

no prob. dude there pretty easy to replace...