What is ASS on my WRX?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is ASS on my WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Again i would appreciate the help as I'm a new Subaru owner. Sometimes i look at the top of the ...

What is ASS on my WRX?

Again i would appreciate the help as I'm a new Subaru owner. Sometimes i look at the top of the dash and my "ASS" is on or off at random times. What is this?? It reads "ASS" right next to the air bag light,symbol on the clock. I did notice when I'm on hills it usually says on, not sure if that helps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did you check the owners manual?

what year of wrx do you have?
    because its just a hunch but i think it stands for "Hill Assist"
    which makes it easier to start on a hill
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Did you check the owners manual?
    It's a used car dude. If i had a user manual i wouldn't be stupid enough to ask for help ; \. Not to be a douche but I'm asking for help.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-15-2009 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
    what year of wrx do you have?
    because its just a hunch but i think it stands for "Hill Assist"
    which makes it easier to start on a hill
    It's an 06 ; ). 5 speed of course.

I have an 06 5 speed and never in my life have i seen that light.... Hmmmm. Its def not hill assist.
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

Mine says "PASS Airbag" up there. Perhaps your "P" burned out? Turn your key to the ON (but not run) position and look there. What does it say?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    Mine says "PASS Airbag" up there. Perhaps your "P" burned out? Turn your key to the ON (but not run) position and look there. What does it say?
    If so, that's one hell of an awesome convenient light burn out

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    If so, that's one hell of an awesome convenient light burn out
    Me thinks the previous owner was a comedian..

Sounds like you are describing the PASS airbag light. There is a sensor in the seat that turns it on or off, depending on how heavy the ASS sitting in it is.

My wife is a rail and the light turns on or off depending on how she sits in the seat.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by findus11 View Post
    i have an 06 5 speed and never in my life have i seen that light.... Hmmmm. Its def not hill assist.
    lol
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-15-2009 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    'BAHAHA. I'm such an idiot. Yes It's pass airbag with the P burned out. ROFL LMAO. I feel like such a moron. Thanks for solving it guys... My first Subaru. Btw i still don't know what that button on top of the steering wheel is either lol. This car is much different than Honda. Then there is this button that the previous owner put inside of the steering wheel. Little gray button, not sure wtf it went to. This car is confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Me thinks the previous owner was a comedian..

Sounds like you are describing the PASS airbag light. There is a sensor in the seat that turns it on or off, depending on how heavy the ASS sitting in it is.

My wife is a rail and the light turns on or off depending on how she sits in the seat.
    Embarassing moment ; \. Btw cheer for me guys. I'm an SRT4 convert. I couldn't stand how everything fell apart and the car rode like ****. This Subby is SOOO much nicer than the SRT4. Though the SRT4 was a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    'BAHAHA. I'm such an idiot. Yes It's pass airbag with the P burned out. ROFL LMAO. I feel like such a moron. Thanks for solving it guys... My first Subaru. Btw i still don't know what that button on top of the steering wheel is either lol. This car is much different than Honda. Then there is this button that the previous owner put inside of the steering wheel. Little gray button, not sure wtf it went to. This car is confusing!

That switch on top of the steering column keeps the parking lights on without the key in the ignition. Used overseas for the mostpart. Cant tell you how many times i've seen this at the dealership. Detailers will hit this switch all the time cleaning peoples cars. I'm pretty sure they finally got rid of it on the '10 models.

Cant explain the little gray button u are describing. Pics.

Interesting you say the srt-4 was quicker. My roomate has a factory SRT4 stage 2 without toys and for whatever reason makes about the same as me on the dyno. I only had aftermarket hoses and stock tune at the time. His srt was pretty quick until some tech looked at it and said the wastegate actuator and injectors had been returned to stock (bought it used). It could be that ever since they put the "stage 2 actuator & injectors" in, it hasnt run as good as it did originally. He just throws parts at it now. So many various aftermarket parts on it now that I think it's all messed up. Even he's currently shopping for a subaru as he's fed up with it and it's absolutely useless in any amount of snow.

Now that it's been mentioned, I'm starting to lean towards the possibility of the previous owners sense of humor now vs. one letter burning out. Whomever it is, they are most likely single now, bad luck or no.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 10-15-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    Embarassing moment ; \. Btw cheer for me guys. I'm an SRT4 convert. I couldn't stand how everything fell apart and the car rode like ****. This Subby is SOOO much nicer than the SRT4. Though the SRT4 was a little quicker.
    Well, welcome to the family, it's funny and you should laugh at it. Don't be embarassed, not your fault. For future reference though, if anything seems even remotely risque in nature on a car, it's probably not there stock .

Glad you're enjoying your Subie, I still don't know how anyone can possibly stand to drive an SRT-4, yeah cheap power, but god what a horrible car. At least they improved the new ones.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i thoroughly enjoyed driving my boyfriends srt-4 when he had it. (except the fact that 3rd gear was practically broken & un-usable). it was extremely loud and obnoxious and i agree that his stage 1 did feel quicker than my stage 2. maybe i was too distracted by the comfy seats to really notice though

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.