What is ASS on my WRX? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is ASS on my WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by stallion2 sounds fishy to me. did anyone ever see that Southpark episode where they were making fun ...

Quote Originally Posted by stallion2 View Post
    sounds fishy to me. did anyone ever see that Southpark episode where they were making fun of Pokemon. the japanese were selling 'chinpokomon' toys designed to brainwash american youth and indoctrinate them w/ the samurai code and anti-capitalist ethics. maybe there is something more to this mysterious "ASS" light.
    That's the best conspiracy theory I've heard in the past hour!

My favorite chinpokomon toy was the shoe ..... Collect them all!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    That switch on top of the steering column keeps the parking lights on without the key in the ignition. Used overseas for the mostpart. Cant tell you how many times i've seen this at the dealership. Detailers will hit this switch all the time cleaning peoples cars. I'm pretty sure they finally got rid of it on the '10 models.

Cant explain the little gray button u are describing. Pics.

Interesting you say the srt-4 was quicker. My roomate has a factory SRT4 stage 2 without toys and for whatever reason makes about the same as me on the dyno. I only had aftermarket hoses and stock tune at the time. His srt was pretty quick until some tech looked at it and said the wastegate actuator and injectors had been returned to stock (bought it used). It could be that ever since they put the "stage 2 actuator & injectors" in, it hasnt run as good as it did originally. He just throws parts at it now. So many various aftermarket parts on it now that I think it's all messed up. Even he's currently shopping for a subaru as he's fed up with it and it's absolutely useless in any amount of snow.

Now that it's been mentioned, I'm starting to lean towards the possibility of the previous owners sense of humor now vs. one letter burning out. Whomever it is, they are most likely single now, bad luck or no.
    "Ass bag" Is what it reads to give you an idea lol. So it probably was a joke. Stock for stock the SRT4 is quicker by a decent amount. Even 06-07 only runs a 14.1-14.3 ish. I've seen a few stock SRT4's run 13.7-13.9. Not to mention all the magazine tests and quarter mile webpages agree. What usually would happen is an WRX would put 2-3 cars on me through first gear... but by 2nd and 3rd i reel them in pretty hard. This is stock for stock of course. I will admit though this 06 model is MUCH more powerful than the 03 i drove couple years ago. Also you said a stage 2 SRT4 dyno'd the same as your WRX? That's impossible man ; x. The stock SRT4 04 and 05 put down 225 or so horse and 245 torque. Go check out some charts man ; ). Regardless no matter how much power it has... it will never be a true sports car. My point though is.. stage 2 puts down damn near 300 wheel horse and torque. In the high 290's. To give you an idea.. I looked into stage 3... It puts down 370 wheel torque and 355 wheel horse if you run 93 octane. On 91... it gives 355 torque and about 340 horse. Regardless the kit costs 4k.. and if you want the cheapest car on the planet that can run 11's and 12's.. That's it. In Car and Driver i think it was.. they pulled like a 12.6 second quarter on a stage 3 SRT4 without slicks. ; \.

Regardless as an owner of both... I'll already declare WRX>SRT4. If you want straight line, cheap unreliable speed, SRT4 is the car for you. If you want an all season car that's nicer looking, has much more stability, better reliability, better handling and better overall performance the WRX is it. I kept dead even with a 2007 BMW M5 in my SRT4 (Yes the 500 hp model), but it comes at a price. I made a lane change as normal.. and my car almost spun out because i was doing 80. I already took this WRX up to 70 plus on the mountains with no understeer or loss of control.

I'll take pics of my gray button for you guys..... i pushed it and nothing happened. Btw this guy before me was a bean aka ricer. He lowered it so low... i bottom out on the smallest bumps and actually lose handling performance. Now i need to find some stock STI springs to raise it a couple inches ; \.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-16-2009 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86 View Post
    It's a used car dude. If i had a user manual i wouldn't be stupid enough to ask for help ; \. Not to be a douche but I'm asking for help.
    Statements like "Not to be a blank" make you a blank.

Every new car, and some (most?) used cars actually come with the owners manual.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    That's fine.

I just can't stand when people on here say "it's just a Neon" as if a car stemming from an entry-level econobox is a POS - as long as you get the irony, we're fine
    Wow i missed alot. Yea i agree. If they play that card we can say a WRX is just an Impreza or an Evo is just a Lancer, but they are much more than that. The SRT4,Evo,WRX(STI) all have a different engine,suspension,braking system, transmission, body kit.. and obviously all 3 added a turbo. Those aren't anywhere near small changes. Practically a borrowed Chassis with an entire new car ; \. Having owned an SRT4 the "It's just a Neon" never got old, especially coming from WRX and Evo owners.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-16-2009 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    Statements like "Not to be a blank" make you a blank.

Every new car, and some (most?) used cars actually come with the owners manual.
    Sorry for being disrespectful. Afterall I am new to the forum so i should be less combative. I guess it seemed condescending to me is all ; ).

Then there is this button that the previous owner put inside of the steering wheel. Little gray button, not sure wtf it went to. This car is confusing!
    It's NOS bro!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by WagonGuy View Post
    It's NOS bro!!!
    ROFL. I'm gonna line up next to someone... rev 5 times.. then launch.... when I'm behind, I'll press it and everything will pass like a blur??? Fast and furious told me that! LOL. What's funny is even being in a plane traveling 400 MPH doesn't blur things like that....

Btw I'm gathering from your forum guys, that Cobb chipping= first step you should do for any wrx? I've been reading that exhaust and intake do absolutely nothing for this car. Please do correct me if I'm wrong!

ROFL. I'm gonna line up next to someone... rev 5 times.. then launch.... when I'm behind, I'll press it and everything will pass like a blur??? Fast and furious told me that! LOL. What's funny is even being in a plane traveling 400 MPH doesn't blur things like that....

Btw I'm gathering from your forum guys, that Cobb chipping= first step you should do for any wrx? I've been reading that exhaust and intake do absolutely nothing for this car. Please do correct me if I'm wrong!
    COBB AccessPort will let you go:
    Stage 1: stage 1 ecu reflash, catless uppipe, no other mods
    Stage 2: stage 2 ecu reflash, catless uppipe + turbo back exhaust

Intakes like SPT, COBB, and K&N Typhoon are okay as long as you get a protune or stage 2 COBB reflash but they do nothing but enhance the look and sound if your car is making less then some outrageous power (<400HP).
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    the OP has an 06 wrx, which already has a catless uppipe

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Intakes like SPT, COBB, and K&N Typhoon are okay as long as you get a protune or stage 2 COBB reflash but they do nothing but enhance the look and sound if your car is making less then some outrageous power (<400HP).
    The transmission on the non STI WRX has a bad rep when you push over 300 wheel horse.. so honestly I'll try to stay in the high 290's-low 300's on horse and torque. You mean Cobb AP stage 2 requires catless UP and TB exhaust? Or am i reading it wrong

Sorry for being disrespectful. Afterall I am new to the forum so i should be less combative. I guess it seemed condescending to me is all ; ).
    It's cool, welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Is the Turboback mainly to open for other future mods? Because every test I've seen comparing WRX exhausts.. they yield 0 HP... which is weird as hell if you ask me. I'm not sure how an F4 engine works compared to I4 and V6's i owned previously. I know the gains are different.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    It's cool, welcome to the forum
    Thanks man ; ). *extends hand for peace offering*

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Is the Turboback mainly to open for other future mods? Because every test I've seen comparing WRX exhausts.. they yield 0 HP... which is weird as hell if you ask me. I'm not sure how an F4 engine works compared to I4 and V6's i owned previously. I know the gains are different.
    stock wrx HP is roughtly 180-190WHP

HP after installing a turboback & getting tuned roughly 230-240 WHP

a CATback exhaust is just a noisemaker though.. you'll see hardly any gains unless you get a tune with it.. but that IMO is a waste of money.. might as well wait til you get a full exhaust & then tune.

once again just to clarify for YOUR specific year, stage 2 would be a catback exhaust + a downpipe (aka: turboback exhaust) & a tune.

exhaust diagram for reference

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Blobeye Syndicate #1337
    man vs technology blog
    MvT@YouTube

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast