WRX doesnt drive straight
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX doesnt drive straight within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Today i discovered a problem when I got into my 09 wrx wagon. My steering has gotten way ...

WRX doesnt drive straight

Hey guys,

Today i discovered a problem when I got into my 09 wrx wagon. My steering has gotten way off balance. Whenever I align my steering wheel to be straight my car goes to the right which never happened before and I know that the alignment probably could solve this problem but here is the thing. Since my car is on warranty, would dealership ask me to pay any money for repairing it????

Thx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nitto View Post
    Hey guys,

Today i discovered a problem when I got into my 09 wrx wagon. My steering has gotten way off balance. Whenever I align my steering wheel to be straight my car goes to the right which never happened before and I know that the alignment probably could solve this problem but here is the thing. Since my car is on warranty, would dealership ask me to pay any money for repairing it????

Thx.
    The new 09+ warranty has greatly improved and covers basic things like rotors, brake pads, and even one clutch. I'm not certain if it covers an alignment but it wouldn't hurt to call the service dept and ask. Make sure it's not just the natural incline of the road. Roads are naturally sloped to guide water away from them. Good luck!

-AJ
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

Try rotating the tires on the car before you have it realing some times it could be a bad tire causeing the pull take the right front tire put it on the left rear and the left rear on the right front unless you have directional tires directional tires means the trad looks like the tread goes same direction and ussualy has an arrow pointing wich way direction of travel if for that tire

I Support ClubWRX
    Most manufacturers will warranty adjustments(which an alignment is) for 12 months or 12000 miles. The dealer or your warranty book(should be with the owner's manual) should be able to give you the specifics of Subaru's policy.
    Dirty Jersey
    Part-Time Grammar Nazi
    RIP- '02 PSM Wagon
    08 Candy White MK5 GTI 6spd

Moderator:Tri-State and Transmission & AWD forums

Check tire pressure too, especially since its getting cooler. A difference of a few pounds will cause drift. I know we have TPMS, but its still good practice to maintain your tires.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

DUB
    maybe it was just the crown of the road.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.