Sputter under load
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sputter under load within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This does not happen every time but sometimes when I pull hard it kind of stutters on the higher end ...

Sputter under load

This does not happen every time but sometimes when I pull hard it kind of stutters on the higher end of the power band. I am hitting target boost but every now and again it will hit a little speed bump between 5500-6500rpm. It usually comes with a CEL as well. One time it was a cylinder 3 misfire, and lately it has been an 0442/EVAP small emissions leak. Changed the plugs and after the ECU reset it was running like a champ. I am thinking about checking resistance on the coilpacks and making a grounding kit. Anyone have any ideas?
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was having almost the EXACT same problems awhile back. Mine was around 5-6k ish

My solution was that I needed to either A go with a new stock tumbler (it fried its electronical part and would sputter like you have) or go with a tumbler delete.

More than likely sounds like it could either be that or a bad tune.

Wish I could help more

Edit: Here is my post from awhile back

04 Subaru WRX STI Problems
    Last edited by Dim3s; 10-15-2009 at 01:44 AM.

Are there any kind of diagnosing steps I can take to see if my TGV's are bad? I am not throwing any TGV related CEL's
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.