Sputter under load

This is a discussion on Sputter under load within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This does not happen every time but sometimes when I pull hard it kind of stutters on the higher end ...

Sputter under load

This does not happen every time but sometimes when I pull hard it kind of stutters on the higher end of the power band. I am hitting target boost but every now and again it will hit a little speed bump between 5500-6500rpm. It usually comes with a CEL as well. One time it was a cylinder 3 misfire, and lately it has been an 0442/EVAP small emissions leak. Changed the plugs and after the ECU reset it was running like a champ. I am thinking about checking resistance on the coilpacks and making a grounding kit. Anyone have any ideas?
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I was having almost the EXACT same problems awhile back. Mine was around 5-6k ish

My solution was that I needed to either A go with a new stock tumbler (it fried its electronical part and would sputter like you have) or go with a tumbler delete.

More than likely sounds like it could either be that or a bad tune.

Wish I could help more

Edit: Here is my post from awhile back

04 Subaru WRX STI Problems
    Last edited by Dim3s; 10-15-2009 at 12:44 AM.

Are there any kind of diagnosing steps I can take to see if my TGV's are bad? I am not throwing any TGV related CEL's
    2004 Impreza Outback Sport - Sold
    2004 WRB WRX - Sold
    2006 SGM WRX - 400AWHP - Mods

My 2006 Build