What tires should I get?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on What tires should I get? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Time for new tires, I have decided to replace all four, instead of just the back 2 (front 2 are ...

What tires should I get?

Time for new tires, I have decided to replace all four, instead of just the back 2 (front 2 are new dunlop gt qualifiers) I want something a little bit better than type T tires....something I can drive a LITTLE aggressively in. Im not going to be going crazy....but I want to know that I will be safe when im having some fun : P Also, im not rich...so I really dont want to spend more than 375-400 for 4 new tires, installed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lavid2002 View Post
    Time for new tires, I have decided to replace all four, instead of just the back 2 (front 2 are new dunlop gt qualifiers) I want something a little bit better than type T tires....something I can drive a LITTLE aggressively in. Im not going to be going crazy....but I want to know that I will be safe when im having some fun : P Also, im not rich...so I really dont want to spend more than 375-400 for 4 new tires, installed.
    Goodyear Eagle GT's!
    2009 SPT WRX.
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 2. Cobb Downpipe.
    Cobb Short Shift/Bushings. SPT Cat-Back.
    Perrin Turbo Inlet. HKS SSQV.
    6000k HIDs. Lamin-X Headlights & Tailights.
    Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth & Sirius.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I loved my Falken Ziex 912's, and I got them from Discount Tire Direct for 340 with 20% cashback from Ebay, so basically paid 250 for them.

Also, on an AWD car, ALWAYS replace all 4 tires, unless you get the new ones shaved to match the depth of the older two, you can ruin diffs if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSpruceGoose View Post
    Goodyear Eagle GT's!
    Gtas? theres a special now, 75 per tire installed...should I go hop on that ****?

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I loved my Falken Ziex 912's, and I got them from Discount Tire Direct for 340 with 20% cashback from Ebay, so basically paid 250 for them.

Also, on an AWD car, ALWAYS replace all 4 tires, unless you get the new ones shaved to match the depth of the older two, you can ruin diffs if you don't.
    Just bought this car, guy had 2 new fronts and OLD backs, im broke, and i was considering putting 2 on the back calling it a day...looks like its not gunna happen :P

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Just bought this car, guy had 2 new fronts and OLD backs, im broke, and i was considering putting 2 on the back calling it a day...looks like its not gunna happen :P
    Ah, well good on ya, I'd advise getting the new tires on ASAP, don't want to risk damaging your center diff any further than it may already be.

Gtas? theres a special now, 75 per tire installed...should I go hop on that ****?
    I would..theyre nice 50,000 mile all seasons..thats a pretty good price.
    2009 SPT WRX.
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 2. Cobb Downpipe.
    Cobb Short Shift/Bushings. SPT Cat-Back.
    Perrin Turbo Inlet. HKS SSQV.
    6000k HIDs. Lamin-X Headlights & Tailights.
    Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth & Sirius.

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

there on the car + there bangin
    D-$

Blobeye '05

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.