CEL P0031 and P0037 (2003)

This is a discussion on CEL P0031 and P0037 (2003) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; CEL came on and went to Advanced and was given the P0031 code. Bought a "universal" Bosch sensor on-lline. Had ...

CEL P0031 and P0037 (2003)

CEL came on and went to Advanced and was given the P0031 code. Bought a "universal" Bosch sensor on-lline. Had a buddy install it and he had mechanic double check the wiring was done correctly.

Now it is giving P0031 and P0037 (Rear 02 Sensor) CEL's. Since Advance did the original read I'm not postive there weren't two codes there to start with but don't know for sure.

Went through the forums and found one similar case where a wire was cut but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Anyone have any diagnostic tips/thoughts?

Thanks, Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just spoke with the Bosch technical support folks and they do not make a universal sensor for the WRX.

The on-line parts store I purchased this part from stated that is was compatible with the WRX.

IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE.

Apparently may work with the Impreza but not the WRX