Sluggish, Sounds like misfire
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Sluggish, Sounds like misfire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I blew a hose.. it was the Hose - Water ( on the package from subaru ). It was a ...

Red face Sluggish, Sounds like misfire

I blew a hose.. it was the Hose - Water ( on the package from subaru ). It was a hose with the sheilding on it. Anyway, After removing the intake and the resavour to get to the hose, I replace everything, button her back up, add 50/50 premixed coolant and start it up. Sounds like it is only running on 3 cylinders. Used my CEL reader, and sure enough, it was P0303 Misfire on Cyl 3. Is my car stuck in limp home mode? I checked the gas cap, I have heard that an evap error would do this. oil was changed about 1800 ago.

Start driving it down the street and very very slugish driving down the street. Blinking CEL as well. Turned the car off, turned it back on and blinking CEL. I let it sit for about an hour and left to pick my Fiance up from her work in her truck. Started it back up when I got home and the CEL is solid with P0303. I cleared it using my reader.. wanted to see what ya'll had to suggest.

I have a SPT short RAM intake, a muffler and that is about it.

thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Come to think of it... When I removed the lower end of the hose, I may have either busted loose a spark plug cable, or maybe a loose connection. Is my o2 sensor down in that area too?

Any how, that would explain why I'm gettin a miss fire on #3.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.