Air Conditioner Problem

This is a discussion on Air Conditioner Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Everyone, I've been having problems with my AC where there is no cold air coming out of my system ...

Air Conditioner Problem

Hey Everyone,

I've been having problems with my AC where there is no cold air coming out of my system at all. So i take it in to a mechanic and he says there is a leak from the AC compressor hose & gasket. So he replaced the hose and the AC started working fine again, for about a WEEK and then it went back to being no cold air again. What could be the problem? is it the compressor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What year/model vehicle? How many miles are on the vehicle? Did the mechanic put dye in it? If he didn't or even if he did, than I would bring it back to him have in recharge it and add dye or check where the leak is coming from if he did put dye in it? Than the leak ( if there is one should become apparent. Obviously the first thing to do with any AC problem is to usually install a set of manifold gauges and monitor the high and low side pressures..
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 10-12-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

My car is a 2002 Impreza WRX. It has about 103300 miles. I took it back to the mechanic. He did do a dye test and said there were no leaks. Sorry for sounding like a noob, but are we able to see the leak, like on the floor or something?

No prob. man..You might be able to see the leak..it depends what type of dye he put in it..if its the flourescent green type you should be able to see it on the AC lines or wherever its leaking, sometimes it can/needs to be only be brought out with ultraviolet light...So where the pressures normal? Did he say he did the dye test the first time you got it repaired or did he do it when your brought it back this time?