New 93 Impreza, Need Maintenance Advice!

This is a discussion on New 93 Impreza, Need Maintenance Advice! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Howdy All! I just picked up a 93 Impreza as a daily driver and winter vehicle. I tend to be ...

New 93 Impreza, Need Maintenance Advice!

Howdy All!
    I just picked up a 93 Impreza as a daily driver and winter vehicle. I tend to be very partictular about maintaining and improving my vehicles and I intend to continue that tradition with this one. Herein Lies my question (s)

The Car has 240K on it - but there arent ANY issues save a leaky valve cover gasket that I can find. Suspension is tight, 5 speed transmission is great, All is well!
    What are some tips on maintaining one of these 1.8s with high miles?
    What sort of things should I be looking to replace as a precaution at such high miles?

ANY Advice for a new guy would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

With that kind of mileage I would be seeking some maintenance history...If your meticulous about maintaining g your vehicle I would want things done that could possibly leave me stranded such as the timing belt. Ive seen a couple of these high mileage EJ18's throw a t belt idler...Also that year and mileage I would prob...
    Replace the coolant
    Rotate the tires
    Check the brakes/suspension/steering
    Replace the trans/front gear oil
    Replace the rear diff. gear oil (AWD?)
    Replace the PCV valve
    Replace the air filter
    Replace the fuel filter
    Replace the engine oil/filter
    Replace the spark plugs

Of course as I mentioned If you cant get a hold of some maintenance history or if the history doesn't show these things this is what I would do..

I am extremely meticulous about my vehicles maintenance also, I just surpassed 206,000 in My 96 Legacy and it still runs like a top..IMOP the EJ18 and EJ22 engines subaru produced in the early 90's are by far the best yet...