I need brakes, calipers, tires, and new belts..can I do this myself? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I need brakes, calipers, tires, and new belts..can I do this myself? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; lol.. good deal!...

lol.. good deal!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Getting my new shoes at 12:00 today, after there on ill post up a pic double time then im off to work : D goodyear eagle GTs babehhhh

Hey man Ive got an offspring of goodyear on my WRX..Fierce, Goodyears performance tire..There pretty decent...

they only had 2 in stock getting more in tomorrow afternoon, ill get em put on within a few days

Glad to hear everything is working out..any luck on the drive belts?

I went and got the 2 belts today cost me like 62 bucks, but I got them at the dealership so if and when i ever need to sell the car there on file : D ill install them some sunny day its rainy here in jerzey and its supposed to be ass for like 4 days : ( BUT! OPENING DAY OF DUCK HUTNING SEASON IS TOMORROW NOICEEEE. Gettin stoked!

$62.00 Dear lord!...Mark up is ungodly over there..We charge around $18 a belt. Duck hunting huh?Hunter here also.. Good luck man..Small game is about to open here, Personally I look forward to turkey and deer season though...

my bad my bad....52 :P I made a video of me changing the belts...how do I check tension? I think I put them on ok.....can u check plz...Ill post up youtube vid soon :P
    D-$

Blobeye '05

D-$

Blobeye '05

I signed into my youtube account and it mentioned your video is private...

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    I signed into my youtube account and it mentioned your video is private...
    YouTube - Changing Air conditioning and Power steering Belts on a Impreza fixed :P
    D-$

Blobeye '05

Looks good to me man..As long as they dont squeak or anything...It prob. wouldnt hurt to tighten them just a tad further...keep in mind they are new belts so they might stretch a little bit...Would you believe we charge 1 hour labor to install both those belts? yup..

Looks good to me man..As long as they dont squeak or anything...It prob. wouldnt hurt to tighten them just a tad further...keep in mind they are new belts so they might stretch a little bit...Would you believe we charge 1 hour labor to install both those belts? yup..
    WHAT?! It took me 10 minutes, I recorded everything too, and it was my first time LOL

I guess that hour of labor installation compensated for your 18$ per belt sale :P

Thanks for the help buddy this was a big big help for me to get my car all tuned up and good to GO! : ) New tires, new belts, good brakes and stuff...im ready to roll

-Dave
    D-$

Blobeye '05

No prob man..anything you need help with in the future obviously post a thread or you can PM me if you like and Ill do my best to assist...

No prob man..anything you need help with in the future obviously post a thread or you can PM me if you like and Ill do my best to assist...
    friend request sent thanks homie :P
    D-$

Blobeye '05

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.