NEED HELP-from people who have taken apart a 2.0L engine HELP!!!!!

This is a discussion on NEED HELP-from people who have taken apart a 2.0L engine HELP!!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some help from people who have taken apart a WRX 2.0L engine. So yesterday I needed to top ...

NEED HELP-from people who have taken apart a 2.0L engine HELP!!!!!

I need some help from people who have taken apart a WRX 2.0L engine. So yesterday I needed to top off the oil a bit and this is what happened. I opened the oil qt container and ripped off "most" of the silver piece that they use to seal the oil. And then I proceed to poor a little bit in (thinking that the silver seal was all off) IT WAS NOT, and when I was pooring it, I say a little piece of the silver material go down the oil fill tube. It was a little bit bigger than a pencil eraser. Now my question is.

Where did this piece go into. I have heard some say that it is in the valve cover on the driver side because that is where the oil goes first when you poor it in. But I need to know...........

Please help, I feel like such a retard right now. I have a oil pres guage in my car and everything reads normal.

HELP!!!!!!!
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrock View Post
    I need some help from people who have taken apart a WRX 2.0L engine. So yesterday I needed to top off the oil a bit and this is what happened. I opened the oil qt container and ripped off "most" of the silver piece that they use to seal the oil. And then I proceed to poor a little bit in (thinking that the silver seal was all off) IT WAS NOT, and when I was pooring it, I say a little piece of the silver material go down the oil fill tube. It was a little bit bigger than a pencil eraser. Now my question is.

Where did this piece go into. I have heard some say that it is in the valve cover on the driver side because that is where the oil goes first when you poor it in. But I need to know...........

Please help, I feel like such a retard right now. I have a oil pres guage in my car and everything reads normal.

HELP!!!!!!!
    Are you talking about a small piece of plastic?

I Support ClubWRX
    Yep,drivers side valve cover.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    +1

It should likely stay in the bottom of the valve cover, but I'd probably pull the valve cover to make sure. You will need some Permatex to get it back on with no leaks.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    +1

It should likely stay in the bottom of the valve cover, but I'd probably pull the valve cover to make sure. You will need some Permatex to get it back on with no leaks.

I feel like a retard, and yes it was a piece of the silver "peel-away" cap that fell into the fillertube.

Now with the valve cover and the gasket, will I need to get a new gasket, or will the permatex sealent do the trick?
    2004 wrb WRX "Bugeye"
    http://www.misubie.com/