No A/C after a few minutes being on

This is a discussion on No A/C after a few minutes being on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I've had my subaru since 2003 and she's got 80k miles with NO ISSUES EVER except this one! ...

No A/C after a few minutes being on

Hey guys, I've had my subaru since 2003 and she's got 80k miles with NO ISSUES EVER except this one! It's been a great car!

I'm in Miami and just DYING without A/C

When I turn the car on and hit the A/C button, the system blows cold air for a few minutes then starts to turn hot.

I checked the freon pressure, and added 16 oz to get 25 PSI (top part in the green of this gauge).

The system is still having the same issue. I spent some time watching the compressor kick on when the A/C button is pressed while the car is running...The compressor kicks on for a couple revolutions and then stops.

Is it an issue with the clutch? Maybe the high pressure side is too low pressure still? I've heard there's a solenoid that engages the clutch, maybe that's bad? What should I check?

Thanks,
    James
    - 2002 silver WRX (stock)
    - 1999 Honda CBR F4 (Leo Vinci High-mount exhaust, carbon fiber blinkers and other lil crap...)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You may have a bad switch (sensor in the line) or a clogged receiver drier that is causing a pressure spike.