Need help with ground wire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Need help with ground wire within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2007 subaru wrx and I found one of the ground wires not connected to anything. It's on ...

Need help with ground wire

I have a 2007 subaru wrx and I found one of the ground wires not connected to anything. It's on the passenger side of the motor, one side is connected to the wheel well and the other side connected to nothing. could someone show me where it goes with a picture. Im sure it's the same with an older wrx but im not sure. I can't figure it out I have no idea where it goes, it's making me mad.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you talking about the one ground wire that goes over to the "frame" rail?

im not sure what its called but it's connected to the wheel well on the passenger side of the motor. Its kind of a small ground wire.

do you know if the car has a grounding kit?
    Hawk Eye #1991
    Dirty Crew #11
    Military Militia #1991
    I still don't know how I got this car...

I have no Idea im new to subaru's. and i got the car at a car auction.

I think the best bet here would be if you could post a pic..otherwise i think were going to be guessing or running in circles..lol..Is there anything wrong with the car like electrical wise or anything?

ill try and get a pic up today of the wire. yeah the car gets no spark from the two coils on the passenger side of the car. and I had a code 2021 come up on it. its a intake manifold runner position sensor. I also cant get the moon roof or get the brake lights to aluminate when I press on the pedal.

dont know how to upload pics

Here are a few pics of that wire im not sure where it goes.

That looks like an enhanced ground wire to me..I believe it goes under one of the bolts for the cover for the fuel injectors...

^ I agree. Can't say off the top of my head for the turbo model but on the N/A models, that wire goes underneath a 10mm bolt (1 of 2) that holds down and routes the power steering (going to your P/S pump)lines going over the metal cover above your injectors on the passenger side. Generally under the rearmost bolt closest to the bulkhead (a.k.a firewall)Can't see how it would be much different than the turbo models. Shouldn't take but a minute to remedy with a simple hand ratchet.

Hard to tell from your pic but the bolt you are looking for may be obscured in the sunlight at the top of the sideways pic you took.

Interesting that it threw a code. Moon roof and brake lights should be a fuse and is probably unrelated. I've always remembered to reconnect this ground wire if it got in the way of getting to the coils/plugs so i've never experienced any problems arise from not connecting it.

Looks like you are missing the 12mm mounting bolt on the passenger side of your intercooler.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 10-09-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Yeah there is so many things missing from the car. I got it at a car auction and it was stripped.

could someone take a pic of where they think it goes it would help out a lot, im still not sure were it goes.

well I got the dome light the moon roof to work but no brakes to work. the brake lights stay on when I have the lights turned on. does anyone know if the intake manifold runner position sensor wasnt working correctly, or at all if it would make two of the coils not work.

Are you sure there the brake lights and not the parking lights? Is the virgin switch flipped on top of the steering column? I'm assuming your talking about the TGV motor/sensor on the riser under the intake manifold? What makes you think they arent working properly? I would highly doubt if one of those went bad than it would cut spark to two cylinders. So the car doesn't start? Are there any codes in the ECU? I would reconnect your ground wire first and see if that does anything...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast