boost leak? or vacuum leak? HELP!!!

This is a discussion on boost leak? or vacuum leak? HELP!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i actually have this problem where i would usually hit 14 psi, but now i'm hitting 7-8 psi only do ...

boost leak? or vacuum leak? HELP!!!

i actually have this problem where i would usually hit 14 psi, but now i'm hitting 7-8 psi only do you guys think it can be the turbo inlet? i check the vacuum hoses seems to all fit right but dont really know if i checked all of them, also i think it started when i was driving and my car would choke up at 2500 rpm then the car will start to jump back and forth then shut off silently. so what do you guys think is the problem i'm really new to this, and btw; my stock turbo inlet looks really eroded, so can that be the problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It could,be but we can't see your car so you have to be the one to confirm it. You can try and pressure test the turbo inlet. I wouldn't be driving the car hard untill you find the problem. Sounds like the ECU is limiting the boost because of a serious problem. Has the check engine light come on?
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    It could,be but we can't see your car so you have to be the one to confirm it. You can try and pressure test the turbo inlet. I wouldn't be driving the car hard untill you find the problem. Sounds like the ECU is limiting the boost because of a serious problem. Has the check engine light come on?
    no it hasn't yeah it, it seems like i'm not getting the boost that i should be getting, how do you think i can fix it? what do you suggest? and today i replace the turbo inlet, but the boost is still the same now, so its not the inlet then what is it?
    Last edited by minkies; 10-09-2009 at 07:57 AM.