Tach reading wrong?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tach reading wrong? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, I drive a 02 WRX and I have it since Dec 08. The issue is that every time I ...

Tach reading wrong?

Hey,

I drive a 02 WRX and I have it since Dec 08. The issue is that every time I drive, it feels weird. I'm driving 70MPH and the tach is reading 3K RPM. Is that normal? Another example is if I drive 80. The tach is reading 3.2K RPM. The car is bone stock, except with the muffler.

What does your tach read like with going at that speed?

Also, just to prove that the gauges are good, I used my GPS and the speed is the same as the gauge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is this a 4EAT or a 5spd? Downingtown PA huh? Thats like 35 min. from me..

for me im at about 72 for 3k dead on with a 5mt.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Is this a 4EAT or a 5spd? Downingtown PA huh? Thats like 35 min. from me..
    It's a 5spd. My girl has the same car as I, and she puts 3.5k RPM @ 70 MPH. That's why I was wondering if it's normal. Both our cars are stock.

DUB
    I was gonna say, your vehicle speed vs engine speed seems about normal to me. I think I turn about 2800 to 3000 RPM at normal highway cruising speed.

However, the fact that you and your GF have the same car and they turn drastically different RPM in the same gear at the same speed is inexplicable. Unless of course you are leaving out an important variable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.