Brake light won't go off

This is a discussion on Brake light won't go off within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My brake light stays on even when the emergenc break is down but it goes off sometimes when its warmed ...

Brake light won't go off

My brake light stays on even when the emergenc break is down but it goes off sometimes when its warmed up.. any solutions please

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Are you are it's not your parking lights? You turn them on or off through the button on top of the steering column

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

make sure your brake fluid is full.
    i had a civic that did the same thing. i found out it had a bad brake master cylinder and was leaking fluid.
    once i filled the brake fluid up it went off.

I didn't get to pick up my new car today because of this same problem, I think. Got a call last night that they were looking it over one last time and the E break light on the dash was staying lit even when the E break was down. I am utterly frustrated at this point. I have waited all week for this car and now cant get it today. Any way they are fixing it and they will deliver the car to me as soon as its fixed. Just thought I would vent a little

It's likely either low fluid (leaks or warn pads can lower the fluid level), most new vehicles are very sensitive to the fluid level.

Parking brake could be out of adjustment, have never adjusted a Subaru one, but it's usually very easy.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    I didn't get to pick up my new car today because of this same problem, I think. Got a call last night that they were looking it over one last time and the E break light on the dash was staying lit even when the E break was down. I am utterly frustrated at this point. I have waited all week for this car and now cant get it today. Any way they are fixing it and they will deliver the car to me as soon as its fixed. Just thought I would vent a little

The only reason the BRAKE warning light on the dash will come on on these modern Subarus is if either the brake fluid is to low or the e-brake switch which has a little plunger in it is stuck or out of adjustment...sometimes when you engage and disengage the e-brake a couple times or so it will loosen things up...I'm assuming you where taking delivery of a Subaru......

Yep a very pretty white 2005 WRX that i want very badly and better be in my drive way when i get home from work tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by LizzieG View Post
    Yep a very pretty white 2005 WRX that i want very badly and better be in my drive way when i get home from work tomorrow!!
    LOL... Good luck with it man...

my car (2002 Subaru WRX Wagon) is doing the same thing, the brake pads are good, still have about half life left, the fluid is nice and topped off and i haven't checked the switch yet. is it just the little plunger switch inside the center console? and does that little plunger switch control my daytime running lights? because they haven't turned on since this little brake light situation has started.