Fans aren't turning on
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Fans aren't turning on within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a version 3 wrx. And my fans aren't turning on at all when it starts getting hot. When ...

Fans aren't turning on

I have a version 3 wrx. And my fans aren't turning on at all when it starts getting hot. When it does get hot, even at a stand still, my temp gauge does not move it sits where its supposed to, but water starts bubbling out of my header tank.

Any suggestions why my fans are not switching on?

I have checked all fuses and made sure the fans are plugged in properly.

Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is the Check engine light on? How many miles are on the vehicle? What year is the vehicle? Have you had any cooling system work done recently? A shot from the hip here from the information you provided is that either you have an air pocket in the system or the thermostat is stuck..Start with the easiest/cheapest thing and work your way up.... If you have the means I would do a cooling system pressure test and a combustion leak test.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    Is the Check engine light on? How many miles are on the vehicle? What year is the vehicle? Have you had any cooling system work done recently? A shot from the hip here from the information you provided is that either you have an air pocket in the system or the thermostat is stuck..Start with the easiest/cheapest thing and work your way up.... If you have the means I would do a cooling system pressure test and a combustion leak test.
    Oh cool. I have jst re blead the radiator so there are definitely no leaks. The fans still turn on when I turn the AC on but they dont turn on without the AC when the engine gets hot. What would you suggest to check next? Its a 93 WRX. Im from New Zealand.

Quote Originally Posted by wizniks View Post
    Oh cool. I have jst re blead the radiator so there are definitely no leaks. The fans still turn on when I turn the AC on but they dont turn on without the AC when the engine gets hot. What would you suggest to check next? Its a 93 WRX. Im from New Zealand.

I would make 100% sure there is no air in the system..and If your absolutely sure there isnt..I would prob be replacing the thermostat..Have you replaced the t-stat since you've had the car?

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    I would make 100% sure there is no air in the system..and If your absolutely sure there isnt..I would prob be replacing the thermostat..Have you replaced the t-stat since you've had the car?
    Actually no i havnt. But Ill try that next. Now lets say i replace it with a brand new t-stat, and the fans still aren't going? Stupid question but just while i gotcha online ha ha ha.

well we will cross that bridge when we come to it...If not the thermostat I would say a clogged radiator..

hey im from nz too with the same prob wot was the out come if you have fixed the problem cheers

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.