Need new pads and rotors, any suggestions?

This is a discussion on Need new pads and rotors, any suggestions? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm currently searching for new pads and rotors for my 2006 wrx, and would like to get something better than ...

Need new pads and rotors, any suggestions?

I'm currently searching for new pads and rotors for my 2006 wrx, and would like to get something better than stock for a reasonable price. I would like a low dust set up, and some additional stopping power over stock. if anyone could point me in the right direction i would appreciate it, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ferodo DS2500 brake pads and DBA 4000 rotors
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

those look solid, but is there a set with a better price with comparable performance?

VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

i checked out that site, but most say they exclude the WRX, and for the ones that dont say that, it says 2.5 rs, or something else, but never clarifies whether it is for the WRX.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I essentially went with this minus the braided lines:

StopTech Stage 2, 86-836-01224/838-06224/838-05224, Subaru Impreza WRX StopTech Stage 2

Love them, they are great out on the track and I don't get any fade.

I Support ClubWRX
    Any ceramic based pad will be low dust. Hawk makes a ceramic HPS pad. No need to get fancy rotors for the street. Just buy some quality OEM replacements from NAPA or something. Wider tires will stop a car faster than an expensive brake upgrade.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S