Problems with 06 WRX

This is a discussion on Problems with 06 WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello guys, All of my modifications are located in my sig. The car was tuned at TopSpeed in Atlanta GA. ...

Problems with 06 WRX

Hello guys,
    All of my modifications are located in my sig. The car was tuned at TopSpeed in Atlanta GA. Now that that's outta the way, about 4 months ago I took my car to the 1/4 mile track and posted up a best time of 12.6 @111mph. Yesterday i headed back to the track and only had a best of 13.3@106mph. ??? The 60fts are the same for both runs, around 1.6-1.8. The car doesn't smoke at all, idles fine and no codes. I'm getting a leakdown test done on thursday. Only thing I have picked up on is that, yesterday, while I was going down the track the car was only hitting 17-18PSI max. But when I'm rolling on a road or highway I hit 20PSI, which was what I was tuned for. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it but Im just throwing that in there. The car just broke 47K mi. This is only the third time I have been to the track with it and I bought it brand new. I don't drive like a nutcase so I really don't know what's causing the car to perform the way it is. Any ideas would be helpful and like I said tim getting a leakdown on thrusday and all of my modifications are located in my sig. Thanks

-Brett
    06 WRX - Deadbolt Zilla 20g 365AWHP//358AWTQ//TopSpeed
    STi Drivetrain installed by CRE
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What elevation were each runs done at?

What was the weather?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    What elevation were each runs done at?

What was the weather?
    The elevation is the same. Sea level. It was the same track. And the weather is about 4-5 degrees hotter than the 12.6 run.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I will post an update to this thread when I get my leakdown test done on thursday.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

Alright, so I got the compression test results back and surprise surprise....everything looks good across the board. All in the mid 140's and and low 150's. So...the mechanic pulls this code P0457. And I immediately start checking all of the hoses for the Gas Evaporation System. When I get to the right rear tire of the car to inspect the gas evap box I see that there is NO sensor on the friggin box....the sensor isnt even plugged in. So since the gas evap box controls vac and pressure of fuel I'm thinking my car has put itself into limp mode. Thoughts?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds reasonable
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Alright, problem was finally figured out by the professionals up at TopSpeed. Cylinder number 3 popped up lean after a couple of Dyno pulls. Scott decided, based on this and other information, that my 800cc PE Inj. for that cylinder was failing. So on his recommendation I bought 4 new 750cc Deatschwerks injs. and got retuned. Car made 371WHP//408WTQ. Picking it up tomorrow. Problem solved.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #54
    My mod list

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Very-Rexy View Post
    Alright, problem was finally figured out by the professionals up at TopSpeed. Cylinder number 3 popped up lean after a couple of Dyno pulls. Scott decided, based on this and other information, that my 800cc PE Inj. for that cylinder was failing. So on his recommendation I bought 4 new 750cc Deatschwerks injs. and got retuned. Car made 371WHP//408WTQ. Picking it up tomorrow. Problem solved.
    Congrats!!
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ